Giving To MDT
At present, we have 5 projects in need of additional funding. Details on each of these can be found in the summary documents below.
- Ongoing Orphan Financial Support - MDT provides monthly food stipends, clothing, school fees and social care to orphans between the ages of 0 and 18 years. More details can be found here
- Clowns Without Borders Orphan Project - MDT would like to continue facilitating sessions with the Clowns Without Borders organization, which provides psycho-social support to orphans and their extended families and caregivers. More details can be found here
- Orphan Day - Orphan Days take place on the last Saturday of every month and are designed to give orphans a chance to meet with social care workers one-on-one; develop relationships with other orphans; and provide skills training in sewing, woodwork, gardening and other life skills that will foster independence. More details can be found here
- Orphan's Planting Project - MDT is developing a Gardens Project to help families supplement the monthly food stipend, while teaching critical skills for that will help them develop into useful adults. More details can be found here
- Ntate Tsepang Lichaba, Nursuryman - Ntate Lichaba is requesting a loan from the MDT to fund the creation and maintenance of a nursery from which he can sell fruit and trees to the community. More details can be found here
GIVING FROM SOUTH AFRICA
The MDT is a South African registered non-profit, charity trust (Trust Registration number: 26610). The MDT monitors the use of contributions, ensuring they go toward legitimate and viable projects. All financial records are externally audited on an annual basis.
The MDT is supported by a range of organisations and individuals, some of whom visit The Malealea Lodge [link to MDT site page about the Lodge] as tourists and end up as friends. We welcome monetary donations as well as donations in the form of money, clothes, working computers or services. The best way to make a monetary donation is electronically through the MDT bank account, the details of which are below:
MALEALEA DEVELOPMENT TRUST
First National Bank
Wepener, South Africa
Bank Account Number: 620-341-77734
Branch Code: 23-06-32-45
Branch clearing code: FIRNZA JJ (this is also called the SWIFT number and the IBAN number)
CORNER De Beer and De Wet Streets
Contact us with questions. We are grateful for your support!